We cannot guarantee uninterrupted access to this website, or the sites to which it links. We accept no responsibility for any damage arising from the unavailability of this website or the information it contains.
This website contains links to other sites. We are not responsible for the content of any third party website and a link to another site in no way constitutes the Beacon Primary Care's endorsements of the contents therein.
The internet is not a secure medium for communication. We cannot guarantee that any information you submit to us through our website or by email will arrive safely or be secure from interception by third parties.
Sandy Lane Health Centre, Westgate, Skelmersdale. Lancs. WN8 8LA
Railway Road Surgery, 11 Railway Road, Ormskirk, Lancs. L39 2DN
Hillside Health Centre, Tanhouse Road, Skelmersdale. Lancs WN8 6DS
North Meols Medical Centre, Church Road, Banks Southport PR9 8ET
Email: Welaccg.email@example.com Fax: 01695 556144
Surgery Closed? Not an emergency? Not sure what to do? CALL 111
BEACON PRIMARY CARE
NORTH WEST ALLIANCE PRIMARY CARE HOME
Telephone: 01695 736000
Important News regarding walk in clinics.
We have after much discussion internally and with our Patient Groups made the decision to stop the walk in clinics.
This is due to the following reasons
1. Clinics reduced the number of regular and telephone consultations available to patients, this meant the waiting time for all regular appoiontments had gone up.
2. As a result of loss of appointments the Walk In clinic became used for routine consultations sick notes etc.
3. The walk in clinic in the practice was limited in terms of space so additional help was difficult to arrange, also as acutely unwell patients started to attend there was no observation bay – this caused huge delays and complaints.
What will we do for urgent problems:
1. We will make available urgent slots, a request for urgent attention will be triaged by a senior receptionists and a brief reason taken, the covering clinician will assess the request and will either instruct the staff to give advice, call the patient back or arrange for the patient to come straight in.
2. We will gradually wind down the walk oin clinic.
3. We will invest in health navigators to help people through the system for urgent matters that do not necessarily need a specialist GP advice.
WALK IN CLINIC TIMES.
Monday Sandy Lane 08.30 - 10.00am
Tuesday Hillside 08.30 - 10.00am
Wednesday Railway Rd 08.30 - 10.00am
Thursday Sandy Lane 08.30 - 10.00am
Friday Hillside 08.30 - 10.00am
WE CANNOT DEAL WITH THE FOLLOWING IN WALK IN CLINICS:
Routine contraception (emergency contraception will be seen)
Chronic disease monitoring
Sick notes/private letters/medical and holiday insurance
Review of recent hospital appointment
If in doubt please check with reception to avoid unnecessary waiting