We are paid £106.10 per patient per year.
This provides all your G.P. services including out of hours and enhanced services for 1 year.
This is far less than the national average – which is £136
What £136 a year can’t get you
- A Sky subscription on the Original (cheapest) bundle: £17.20 per month = £206.40 per year.
- A 4G phone subscription with a free phone: cheapest one available with a free phone is £12.50 per month = £150 per year.
- A 51g Mars bar every day: 60p x 365 days = £219 per year.
- A subscription to the Observer every week = £150.80 per year.
- An average bottle of wine every two weeks = £208.52 per year.
- A trip to the cinema every fortnight = £169.78 per year.
- A haircut every month = £179.40 per year.
All GP practices are required to declare the mean earnings for GPs working to deliver NHS services to patients at each practice.
The average pay for GPs working in Beacon Primary Care in the last financial year was £48,697 before tax and National Insurance. This is for 3 full time GPs and 4 part time GPs and 0 locum GPs who worked in the practice for more than six months.
It should be noted that the prescribed method for calculating earnings is potentially misleading because it takes no account of how much time doctors spend working in the practice, and should not be used to form any judgement about GP earnings, nor to make any comparison with any other practice.