We operate the ground breaking “Doctor First ®” appointment system. (click to read)
We offer consultations from 08:30 to 18:00 Monday to Friday
We offer late consultations at the Clinicians Discretion subject to availability till 8:30 pm Mondays Tuesdays and Thursday at Ormskirk.
We offer early morning consultations on three days of the week.
There are currently 4 full time G.P.s, 4 part time G.P., 1 Nurse clinician and 4 practice nurses of which 4 are prescribers together with attached Health Visitors, District nurses, Dietician and Midwives. We also have 3 trained Health Care assistants.
We are registered to train Postgraduate and Undergraduate students for GP specialty training and for Liverpool and Manchester Universities.
You can come to see any member of the team at any site, all your information is held electronically and follows you regardless of which site you are seen.
The Practice is computerised and adheres to the codes set down in the Data Protection Act. We rely on electronic data to make your care excellent, we take the security of your data seriously.
Why we are different
- We operate the ground breaking “Doctor First ®” appointment system. (click to read)
- We have a pharmacy onsite at Ormskirk.
- We will not refuse to take you as a patient of the practice because you have complex medical conditions, or because of your age.
- We operate a telephone triage system. (see below)
- We are 3 Surgeries working as one practice.
- We are one group of clinicians that operate across Skelmersdale and Ormskirk.
- All the Staff rotate across 4 sites. This means that no site is run as an isolated “branch” this allows for better governance and cover in case of sickness / leave. Clinicians working in isolation is not a situation we tolerate.
- We run 3 Late night surgeries a week and have 3 early starts a week.
- We have 3 open access blood clinics across all sites every Monday Thursday and Friday Morning.
- We are a training practice -- this means that we have been chosen on the basis of high standard of notekeeping and clinical quality to train doctors to become General Practitioners.
- We have a dedicated prescribing centre and dedicated staff to monitor prescriptions.
- We have a dedicated Sexual health clinic (Thursday mornings).